I’ve had this issue for some time: Spotify drops music regularly, Apple Music works perfectly.
Things I’ve tried:
- Change SonosNet Channel
- Run ethernet cable from router to Boost
- Position Sonos products as close as possible to main Boost (including another Boost). There is roughly 20-25 ft between the main Boost and the next product. All other products are about 10 ft away from each other.
- Reboot system
- Re-authorize Spotify service
- Move wireless devices like cordless phone away from speaker
- Confirm sufficient download speeds
- Set up a speaker in same room as main Boost to see if it improved the issue (it still skipped, though maybe not as often?)
Things I cannot do:
- Change my wifi network channel. I use Eero, which prevents users from changing the channel manually.
- Remove Eero extenders, which lets the wifi network reach the basement office. While not listed by Sonos as unsupported devices, I understand this may be an issue.
Things I haven’t tried, but am skeptical:
- Change ethernet cable between router and boost
I’m about out of ideas and tech support hasn’t been able to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried changing the ethernet cable and found it helped?
Best answer by Corry PView original