Question

Tidal iOS App no longer showing Sonos after iOS14 update

• 21 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Completed the iPhone update to iOS 14 over the weekend (I have an XR phone). 

Sonos works fine, and I can access Tidal as a music service there. But when I access the Tidal App, the Sonos speakers are no longer visible. My options are only iPhone and Airplay/Bluetooth.

I’ve tried reinstalling both apps, and reconnecting Tidal in the Sonos App. 

Any idea?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Same for me, after IOS 14 update seemed at first to show some but not all Sonus rooms then dropped all.

This was with TIDAL, works ok with Amazon Music HD

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you enabled the new Local Network permission for the Tidal app? Could be affecting its discovery of your speakers.

Userlevel 1

@controlav thanks for the suggestion, both Tidal and Sonos are enabled on Local Network settings. Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@controlav thanks for the suggestion, both Tidal and Sonos are enabled on Local Network settings. Any other ideas?

Sorry no. My wife’s phone is on iOS14 but she doesn’t have Tidal so I can’t experiment. I have it on mine, but I need to stick with 13.7 for a while.

Yes enabled for both apps

Looks like it may be a bug in the Tidal app:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/tidal-and-sonos-since-ios-14.2314297/

I’m having the same problem 

Today Nov 6th I updated the Tidal APP on my Iphone X with iOS 14.2 and the Sonos speakers are back.

As mentioned by @ClausN it was a bug and it was solved by Tidal team.

Thanks all of you for your comments.