Answered

Tidal Connect shows the speakers but can't connect

• 19 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos Amp and two Symfonisks and would like to use Tidal. In the Tidal app, I can see all devices when clicking on the Cast button. When I select the speakers, the cast icon keeps blinking, but it never connects, even for minutes. The issue is the same with 4 different android devices in our household.

Our network is a AVM Fritz! Mesh Wlan, but even with all devices in Sonosnet the problem persists.

Regards

Chris

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 21 November 2022, 13:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @datendefekt, welcome to the Sonos Community!

To use the cast function, you’ll need to have the Tidal added as a music service on your Sonos system. I see you have another thread where you’ve said you’re not able to see Tidal in the music services. I also have an Android phone and can see Tidal in the music services in the app. There are a few things you’ll want to check, which would be:

If you’ve checked these and you’re still not able to add Tidal, then you’ll want to reach out to our support team for further assistance as the have the necessary tools to help you troubleshoot this issue.

I hope this helps!

The apps are all updated, and the country is OK. I found out the reason for my problem. I have the DNS-Filter Adguard in my network, that must have blocked some of the communication.

After deactivating the DNS-Filter, everything works as advertised!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @datendefekt,

Good to hear that helped resolve the issue. If you still wanted to keep the DNS-Filter, you could add an exception to the whitelist of the DNS-Filter Adguard for Tidal if possible.