There was a problem connecting to Sonos Radio?

• 26 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

Just tried to listen to the Radio prompted with an update, updated and now I get “there was a problem connecting to Sonos Radio” when I try and browse Sonos radio stations. The controller is S1 - 11.2.4 (57483220) and the Play 3’s I’m using are the same version.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this? It was all working fine yesterday.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Robin Smith.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some recommendation to help out.

Allow me to share with you the following recommendation and please follow accordingly.

1. Unplug all Sonos devices from power.
  2. Reboot your router by unplugging your router from power and plugging it back into power after 2-3 minutes. Please do not use the power button on your router.
  3. Once internet connection is restored, if you have a Sonos Product connected to the router via ethernet cable, plug it into power first and wait for a solid white light. If you do not have a Sonos product connected to the router via ethernet cable, we can simply plug into power the Sonos product nearest to the router and wait for a solid white light.
  4. Once the first Sonos device has a solid white light, plug into power the next nearest Sonos device into power and wait for a solid white light until all Sonos devices has a solid white light.
  5. After all Sonos products has a solid white light, Can we try to check and test to check if it is already working by playing all available music service on your Sonos App.
  6. After 5-10 minutes of testing of each music service, can we submit a diagnostic so we can keep track of the Sonos behavior and check if the issue re-occurs.

These recommendations would help clear any unnecessary temporary data stored on your router and Sonos products that might be causing the issue and refreshes their IP-addresses and internet connectivity.  

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted on this.

Thanks,

Badge +1

OK, it just happened I change my internet access configuration as well so I have a Checkpoint 1530 gaia r80.20 and it was dropping SONOS as spam.

Since I googled this and nothing came up the resolution is to -

Define a new Application & URL - for “sonos.radio” and then add it to the firewall rules (source LAN / Destination Internet with the application/service set to sonos.radio) and allow it.

Might be worth hitting up checkpoint and getting on their whitelist.