There was a problem adding the BBC sounds account

• 16 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Septembet 15 2023 BBC sounds has just stopped working on Sonos 2 system. Asked me to reauthorise which I did and the BBC app seemed to think it had connected / authorised fine. "Go back to your sonos app"

Sonos still says I need to reauthorise; did it  again same result. Tried deleting the BBC SOUNDS from sonos and started from scratch. Same problem…

Anyone else experiencing this ? Any advice gratefully received.

Naunton

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Have you checked the location associated with your Sonos account at www.Sonos.com? As a guess, the db no longer thinks you’re in a ‘valid’ area. 

Thanks, have logged into sonos.com on the laptop. I clicked on ACCOUNT / PROFILE, it has my UK address.. so presume it knows I’m in the right area to use my BBC account.. unless I’m looking in the wrong place for “valid” area, maybe you could advise.

The other rather strange thing is when I deleted the the BBC account from Sonos to load it fresh, it now cannot seem to load the BBC account at all. I select BBC sounds from “add music services”  - ADD to SONOS  - “YOU NEED A BBC ACCOUNT to use BBC sounds on Sonos” - Connect to BBC Sounds - ADD BBC Account (please authorize sonos to use your BBC sounds account - Click Authorize - goes to account.bbc.com sign in page already has my email - CONTINUE - BBC ALL DONE !” sonos is now connected to your BBC account, you can return to Sonos App.  Go back to Sonos App, no sign of it..

Very strange.

I had the same problem, I'd tried to remove the service and reinstall it - but it wouldn't reinstall.

First Sonos Livechat advisor got me to reboot everything then remove and reinstall the app, at this point i noticed that my phone still had the Sonos S1 app loaded but in Deep Sleep, I couldn't remove it, only the S2 version. By that point my chat had closed so I tried to add the BBC Sounds service again but it still failed. 

Subsequent Sonos Livechat advisor suggested trying loading the service using another device which worked 💪 and I was able to use the service using the first device with the Sonos S1 listing in the app settings. When I checked the second device, it didn't have a Sonos S1 app on it's application list. So maybe the S1 app's presence is causing a bug?

I ended up deleting the Sonos app from my phone. Reloaded and logged in, thankfully all my amps / speakers came back up perfectly, phew, i was then able to link up to BBC Sounds and it all worked first time. So the answer is delete sonos app and start again

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @CalumHowGood 

Thanks for reporting your workaround to use a different device to add the BBC Sounds service!

@Naunton - this means a reboot of your phone may help if you don’t have a second device to try with.

I hope this helps.