Answered

The Sonos Android App Isn't Showing My Full YouTube Music Library

• 6 September 2023
  • 2 replies

The Sonos Android app on my phone and Windows desktop app can only see about 20% of my entire YouTube Music library and I’m not sure why. This hasn’t always been an issue, and I would really appreciate some help with this.

Context:

When I first bought into the Sonos network, I purchased a pair of One SLs and began playing music through my personal library on my phone. I primarily listen to music with downloaded files through the default Samsung media app, and at the time the Sonos Android app could see these files as well. Everything worked great for a few years and I got a Play:5 (Gen 2) speaker during that time to add to my system as well.

Earlier this year, there was a notice from Sonos saying that the app could no longer read downloaded files on Android phones, but provided solutions to work around this. I was irritated at first, since I’d grown so used to how I was using my speakers, but the workaround I chose was through YouTube Music. Uploading music to YouTube was one of the suggested solutions, so I began uploading all of my music to YouTube and my system started to feel normal again.

However a few weeks ago, I stopped seeing a majority of my music library. For instance, if I navigate to YouTube Music > Library > Albums > Uploaded, the alphabetical list only goes to the “Es” while leaving some E-titled albums out as well as F and beyond. I’m still able to play some of this “hidden” music through the Recently Played section or Recently Uploaded section, but those lists have limits too. The path to get there still appears to be open, but it’s like there’s a limit to how much music the Sonos app can see at one time. This hasn’t always been the case though, as I was able to access my full library for several months before this issue surfaced.

I understand listening to music from physical files is a little antiquated, but it’s my preferred method. I would really appreciate any help here, and please let me know if there are any other details I could provide that would help further.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by controlav 7 September 2023, 01:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

YTM appear to have imposed a limit on the size of SMAPI containers in recent times. If you count how many Albums you can see it will likely be some multiple of 100.

If you don’t like this, complain to YTM.

YTM appear to have imposed a limit on the size of SMAPI containers in recent times. If you count how many Albums you can see it will likely be some multiple of 100.

If you don’t like this, complain to YTM.

That’s disappointing, and I’m already exhausted thinking about finding yet another way to listen to my music. But I get your point.

Do you know why Google/YouTube made this change? I don’t know a lot about the subject matter.