Answered

The new app doesnt work

Userlevel 1

Good morning, the new app doesn’t work on my device, a realme X2 Pro (Snapdragon 855 Plus + 12GB RAM + 256GB). The new app is not working. It simply won't start. Here are some pictures:

The app shows a logo...

1. It stays on the logo screen for minutes and minutes, then it just goes to a black screen. As you can see, it keeps trying to start, but it never does.

Black Screen

I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc., but always the same result. It won't start.

What can I do? I'm left without Sonos (I have two Sonos Play 1 and a Sonos Play 5 (Gen 2)).

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 June 2024, 15:03

View original

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There’s no forced download can you imagine Apple allowing anyone access to their system to force updates I don’t think so

i am on 16.1 on my iPhone and have disabled update for Sonos app and firmware the only way I am getting updates if I forget and click update all so no such thing as a forced update 

Ok.  The bottom line is I have a new Sonos app on my phone (black not brown) and ever since that the system does not work.  constantly getting message saying it cannot connect  

Userlevel 1

Please, I ask that my post not be used to bring up other unrelated issues, as this diverts focus from the main problem, which is about Android 11, COLOROS, etc... I urge you to create other posts for different issues so we can keep the main discussion on track. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry Bud. I found this thread by typing “app not working“ it didn’t distinguish between an iPhone and android.  Looks like not even Sonos’ group chats work

Why can’t you just let me use the old app. It worked.  The current app does not.  It is slow, frequently won’t load content or fails to performs tasks such as setting a timer or adding a song to the queue when requested.

I understand mistakes happen but not allowing users to just revert to what worked seems stubborn and is only further frustrating everyone.  Count me as one of your many VERY unsatisfied customer.  

Userlevel 1

@Byronp totally agree

Why can’t you just let me use the old app. It worked.  The current app does not.  It is slow, frequently won’t load content or fails to performs tasks such as setting a timer or adding a song to the queue when requested.

I understand mistakes happen but not allowing users to just revert to what worked seems stubborn and is only further frustrating everyone.  Count me as one of your many VERY unsatisfied customer.  

They aren’t going to revert to the old app for the very same reason the new app was released in the condition it is.  The new app supports the headphones, the old app doesn’t, and the headphones had to be released in order to hit their end of fiscal year sales predictions.

We have the same problem since some months with a Motorola Moto G 5G Plus. Don't know the Android version, but all other phones are working with the Sonos app. Very disturbing.

Android 11 is the version.