Skip to main content

Why do I need to sign in as system owner every time? This occurs,  just at the start if a Sonos session, but within a session too. That is, the words “Sign in as the System Owner …” are permanently dominating the screen. I could cry with the frustration.  

Pls help, or tell me where I’ve gone wrong … or better still. Sort the app out

Paul (Sonos owner for nearly two decades)

I’d try logging out of the app, deleting it, reinstalling it, and logging back in, as the app does not ask for the user to sign in all the time. 

Ive been having the same problem since the day the rubbish new app was launched. Ive logged out, deleted the app, reinstalled the app and logged in again. same problem. go round and round in circles. 

any contact with Sonos you just get a totally useless email back saying how hard they are working to fix issues with the App, NEVER do they actually answer your specific question. 

Thoroughly  pissed off with them and thinking of selling every SONOS product i have.

John

Ive been having the same problem since the day the rubbish new app was launched. Ive logged out, deleted the app, reinstalled the app and logged in again. same problem. go round and round in circles. 

any contact with Sonos you just get a totally useless email back saying how hard they are working to fix issues with the App, NEVER do they actually answer your specific question. 

Thoroughly  pissed off with them and thinking of selling every SONOS product i have.

John

It doesn’t sound to me like you have actually called anyone at Sonos and registered a case number. They can look at your specific system while you log in to see what the issue might be. That will save selling every Sonos product you have...

@coggies21,
I’ve not seen the issue where the new Sonos App repeatedly keeps asking a user to sign in. It sounds rather like something on the device, or network, is stopping the Sonos servers seeing that to link things to your account - which in turn knows what regional services you are able to access etc. 

My thoughts are it might be a firewall, vpn client, or other blocker on the mobile device, or local network. If you can’t resolve the matter though, you are likely best to call Sonos Support, where you are and speak with the Support Staff over the phone. See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Hi Paul,

It sounds like you're having trouble with persistent prompts to "Sign in as the System Owner" on your Sonos app. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check Your Login Status: Ensure you’re logged in as the system owner and that your account details are correctly entered.

2. App Update: Make sure your Sonos app is updated to the latest version. Updates often fix bugs and improve stability.

3. Network Connection: Verify your network connection is stable. Sometimes connectivity issues can cause repeated login prompts.

4. Restart Devices: Try restarting your Sonos system and your router. This can help clear any temporary issues.

5. Reinstall the App: If the problem persists, reinstalling the Sonos app might help resolve the issue.

If these steps don’t work, contacting Sonos support would be the next best step for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Moderator note:

Most likely AI generated post, but helpful 🤷🏻

John

It doesn’t sound to me like you have actually called anyone at Sonos and registered a case number. They can look at your specific system while you log in to see what the issue might be. That will save selling every Sonos product you have...

Have you tried to call Sonos! Disaster area,  average wait time iis over 45 minutes 

billsmith is 100% ChatGPT or similar.

John

Have you tried to call Sonos! Disaster area,  average wait time iis over 45 minutes 

Yes, but 45 mins on the phone vs 2 months of posting your disquiet on the forum…? 

Plenty other repetitive responses in this community (all works fine here, see screenshots I took just 2 minutes ago, it’s your network, call Sonos support) feel like AI generated to me as well and are very tiresome and unhelpful.

What help do you need then? As I recall, you were focused on wanting to downgrade from S2 to S1 which has now been implemented. 

I have yet to see you help anyone with anything, so when you have, you might be in a better position to moan about others’ responses.

Yea, whatever mate.

Same issue iPhone and iPad. App devices all updated. Still comes up. Wasted way too much time on their app issues to sit on the phone. Poor Sonos communication and lack of urgency on these problems is pathetic. 

Same issue iPhone and iPad. App devices all updated. Still comes up. Wasted way too much time on their app issues to sit on the phone. Poor Sonos communication and lack of urgency on these problems is pathetic. 

You can always have the phone on speaker until the line is answered… Meanwhile you can get on with your day and you’re wasting no time and you’ll get this fixed. There is unlikely to be an alternative and only Sonos will be able to look at your system in detail from their end to see what’s wrong. 

If it’s on both your iPhone and iPad, that very strongly suggests a local issue, not a specific app issue.

I sat on hold with support a few time over the last number of months, can’t face it again. So many others have the same issue, I feel Sonos will need to fix on their end. Thanks though. 

I have same problem. Every time it popped up that need to login as the system owner while i selected certain options in the Manage function. 

Even worst, It popped up “Something went wrong, and try again”. Obiviously, the same error message popped again even I try to login, login and login again. 

I am using Sonos Arc in Australia. 

Any clue ? 

Same issue here. Sonos should roll back their terrible app update. Everything worked just fine before, and now it's terrible.