Skip to main content

Tactics to get Sonos to fix new app

• 8 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Like many, I am an absolute hater of the new app.  My main gripe is the loss of even basic functionality for local music libraries but there are plenty of other reasons.  I am starting my own campaign of posting the lowest ratings possible of the new app and of the Sonos system in general until it is fixed.  For instance, I just posted a one star rating (which is the lowest possible) in the Apple App Store for the new Sonos App with the review to avoid the app and the Sonos system.  Plan on doing the same in other locations.  I was also planning on blitzing Sonos support phone and chat lines with complaints.  And an easy thing to do is to send multiple emails to ceo@sonos.com with complaints about the new app.  I don’t know why Sonos thinks that it is OK to remove so much functionality without input from current users.  Disrespectful!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I was also planning on blitzing Sonos support phone and chat lines with complaints.  And an easy thing to do is to send multiple emails to ceo@sonos.com with complaints about the new app. 

I don’t think this is a very good idea.  I have no doubt that Sonos is very aware of the missing features and how people feel about it.  Clogging up the support lines, so that other people who have actual need for support, isn’t going to accomplish anything.  Besides, I don’t think the support folk are to blame for this decision, so yelling at them isn’t going to accomplish much.  Even emailing the ceo surely goes to a support person responsible for filtering out the info, so you are making their job more difficult by spamming them.

Go ahead and complain and make your voices heard.  I’m just saying that intentionally making support people’s lives more difficult isn’t going to make fixes happen faster.  Even if you don’t give a dang about support, at least consider other consumers looking for support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

However, you can have a word with the people in charge here on the 14th, provided your questions go through the moderation.