Answered

Syncing with NAS

• 8 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

My music library is stored on a NAS. When I upload a new album and ''update music library'' on my Sonos app it quite often only syncs a few of the songs from that album. They're all the same file type

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 February 2023, 11:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Not much information to go on, but I’ll hazard either a duplicate IP address issue, or simple wifi interference causing the indexing to stop. You may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge

thanks, Airgetlam, even when I re-sync update multiple times it's still the same tracks that are missing each time, if it was Wi-Fi drop out, I would have thought it would correct itself at some point.

Badge +20

Using the “folders view” in Music Library do you see all the tracks and do they play correctly?

Badge

No, can’t see all the tracks, they’re missing from Sonos library altogether 

Badge +20

Roughly how many tracks do you have in your library?

Badge

Badge +20

Ok, you need to run an index again and immediately afterwards submit a diagnostic, then ring Sonos for them to look at the logs. 

I would maybe check the tag metadata on the missing tracks and just see if there any anomalies like special characters, that might be causing them to fail to index - here are some of the limitations too:

• Album Art should not exceed 1024 x 1024px

Field Name Character Limits…

• Artists - 76

• Album - 92

• Track/File Name - 100

• Genre - 22

Maybe use something like MP3Tag (tag editor) software to check things - it might just be a special character causing an issue (perhaps 🤔?) If not resolved then after re-index failure. It maybe worthwhile submitting a system diagnostic and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the issue.

Badge

Ok thanks Belly and Ken, much appreciated. 
I’ll give it a go