Skip to main content
Question

strange things happening after the recent major update

• 17 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Since the last major update I have had trouble changing stations. (Among other things) The last time I was listening to Kiss FM. I opened the app and selected Riviera radio. It is playing Kiss FM yet it says it’s playing Riviera Radio! See screenshot below.  This is getting very frustrating. I am using an iPad with iOS 17.5.1 with a Sonos Arc, sub woofer and 2 Play 1 speakers.  Regards.

1 reply

Sounds like the speakers aren’t correctly (quickly) communicating what they’re playing to your controller. The first thing I’d try is a network refresh, by unplugging all your Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Wait a couple of minutes before plugging back in your Sonos devices. 

Or, this can be avoided by setting up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices in your router’s software, if that is available to you, both do exactly the same thing.

If that doesn’t work, I’d recreate the issue, submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.