Answered

Strange issue with Desktop App and volumes

• 25 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Morning, 

Yesterday my Sonos system developed a strange issue. From the desktop app (which I use a lot while working from home) I’m now no longer able to adjust the volume of different speakers independently. I have 3 ‘rooms’:

1. Kitchen (a single Sonos One)
  2. Living Room (1 x Sonos One paired with 1 x Sonos One SL, 1x Sub (gen3)
  3. Hallway (a single Sonos One)

I used to be able to mute and adjust volume of these 3 rooms independently but now when I group them the volume and mute are greyed out. See picture attached (no idea why today hallway is deciding to be selectable). I suspect I’ve accidently pressed something in the iOS app but nothing jumps out when I look through it (I hardly ever use the app). 

Any help would be great, thanks all in advance!

icon

Best answer by John B 25 October 2022, 11:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

And here is the thread with the official word from Sonos

Issue is fixed now on the pc app

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

See 

Thank GOD they finally fixed this!!!  Shame on SONOS for not getting it fixed sooner.  This was ridiculous when a 3rd party app had it right (phonos universal)  And the OEM could not get it corrected.  Shame on you SONOS!!!  Was going to buy a pair of 5’s for a Basement setup.  But NOPE; Going with a Regular AMP and speakers now with a Cheap competitor controller that Is NOT SONOS.   Too much money spent on SONOS without support.  ….

Seem I should have searched before posting as the forum is full of this issue 😂 - apparently Sonos know and are working on it - just in case anyone reads this thread.