Skip to main content
Answered

Starting a Radio on Deezer has stopped working

• 1 September 2024
  • 6 replies

I like to play albums and when I like a particular song I used to Start Radio so that I can discover new songs that are similar to the one I was playing.

This was working well until recently.

Here's the behaviour. 

Song is playing on all or any of my speakers (one, port, roam)

I click on ... On the bottom right (latest app version on Samsung S22)

Under Deezer I select Start Radio

The current song is interrupted and a new song title is displayed, it plays for 5" but no sound is played. Then another song title is displayed and the same thing happens.

The app scrolls through different songs starting them but not playing anything. 

Exactly the same problem here! In my case, I use Deezer. The App wasn’t great to start with, but now it’s just a joke. Who is in charge of UI/UX on the ‘New App’ ?:-o

Here’s the chat I had with Sonos :

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. Our developers are already working with Deezer to resolve it. No date has been announced yet.

- This is not a problem with Deezer, it’s your app.

We have identified the full extent of the known current issues and have a detailed plan in place to move forward. Our engineering team continues to work tirelessly to resolve these issues as quickly as possible, and we have made great progress in fixing the functionality issues on the app. For more information on what we have done so far and what we plan to do in the future, please refer to the public support page, which details the various steps our team has taken to improve your experience:

https://www.sonos.com/blog/update-on-the-sonos-app.

- Your app is terrible and a nightmare to use, and it’s really unfortunate given the quality of your hardware. Thanks for the link and your time.

To be continued… (or better still, discontinued!)

Exact same issue for me, but with Spotify.  At least now I know the issue is definitely on the Sonos side, and not unique to my music service.  Ugh!

I have spent 2hrs on the phone with tech support, the guy was very helpful, it's been reported as a bug now, it will get fixed. 

Thank you @Stefg.  That’s encouraging progress.

I have spent 2hrs on the phone with tech support, the guy was very helpful, it's been reported as a bug now, it will get fixed. 

Good on you for doing that but OMG two hours to report a bug 😱

Thank you for doing that.

I've got exactly the same issue. Glad it is reported as a bug.

I hope they will fix that quickly. 

Fed up with all these bugs with Sonos app :-(