Question

Stability issues when streaming from a local Synology hosted Plex server

• 24 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I’m getting constant stability issues of late when streaming from Plex. Connectivity to Plex server  is lost and music stops. When I retry it will throw the same error for a few minutes then come good. My WIFI and network are relatively idle apart from streaming music at that time. Use case is streaming to Play3 and Play1 simultaneously.. Seems to stream ok from the native Plex app when I cast so will try using that method to see if its more stable. Very frustrating.

Diagnostic is 331079758

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @rmijatovic.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

Have you tried other music services if the same issue occurs?

When did you start to experience the problem?

Was there any change made on your network or on Sonos recently?

Upon checking the diagnostic report, I see a symptom of having weak cloud health on the player, and the system detected transport and sync errors resulting in audio dropout, playback failure, etc. Commonly, this condition could be caused by wireless interference and I suggest following the steps accordingly in this article that will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

If the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number,  so I can check your system further.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.