Skip to main content
Answered

Spotify via sonos

• 2 August 2024
  • 5 replies

When both Me and my Wife starts a song on Spotify via the sonos app, from our iPhones, the song wil start to Play from the sonos unit for 10 second or so, and then it stops. Follower by an error message saying «we could not Play <name of the song>, the connection to Spotify was lost».

This started for a couple of weeks ago, we have not encountered exacly this problem before, been using Spotify via sonos for more than 10 years.

Spotify works fine from just the phone, in the Car via Bluetooth or Dock conectoon, or via Denon Heos, All other services with sonos also works just fine. There is only a problem with Spotify with sonos.

im thinking may be some settings have changed?

any one have any sugestions?

thanks on advance!😉

Christian

I’d try a couple of things, first. Reboot your router, followed by a reboot (power cycle) of the Sonos devices. 

If those reboots don’t fix it, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the Support staff, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Consider this…please keep an open mind.

It sounds like you may have exceeded the number of devices you are authorized to use with Spotify. Check all devices that are capable of using Spotify even those you believe you haven’t setup.

Yours is similar to case I helped on a few months ago and the poster discovered they had authorized a device they had forgotten about. As it turned out it was their TV.

Thanks for the response!

this is something i would like to try!

Where do i find the diagnostics??

christian

I wil also search for possible units using Spotify that I have forgotten…😅

I had the same issue, periodically Sonos lost connection to Spotify. I just spoke to support, they said they could see a login timeout between Sonos and Spotify. We removed the Spotify service, he restarted the system, and reconnected Spotify. Maybe it works, time will show.

But forget about restarting the system and your router, it has nothing to do with your local setup, its all Sonos backend, an issue Sonos has created, and something they have to fix