Question

Spotify / Sonos - account locked out user

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Had a Sonos One for a couple of years now, no issue. Partner registered the Sonos and used a mix of the Sonos App and the Spotify App to play through the speaker, while I just played direct through the Spotify app. Since the changes to the Sonos account registration thing my partner managed to reconnect to Sonos but now I can only ‘see’ the Sonos from Spotify when my partner’s phone is in the house (???), and if I turn on the speaker when he isn’t home his music or podcasts start playing through it! Even if he’s not actively listening to anything!!! 

The only suggestions to fix seem to be that a) my partner can add my Spotify account to his Sonos app - involving me logging in with my account details on his app, or alternately him logging in on my phone to the sonos app. I don’t seem to be able to log into the sonos app at all if I connect to our speaker because I’m not the ‘registered user’ Surely sonos don’t support password sharing? Is that really the only way?

Literally all I want to do is play music from Spotify on the Sonos. Ready to put the thing in the bin.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PachucaSunrise.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

You can add multiple accounts for the same music service (like Spotify) by entering your Spotify account credentials inside the Sonos app.

You can download the Sonos app on your device and use multiple Sonos controllers with one Sonos account. If the Sonos account is created by your partner, then you have to use the same credentials to log in to the Sonos app. This article provides the operating system and device requirements for the Sonos S1 controller and Sonos S2 app.

Then, you can add and your Spotify account through the Sonos app.

For more details on adding and switching the music service account, please check this article about using multiple accounts for the same music service.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.