Answered

Spotify songs "never end" since a short time?

• 5 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

Spotify used to work reasonably well for me; sometimes it’d take a moment to connect to the speakers, but then it was fine.

Since a short time (maybe 2 weeks or so?), I’ve noticed that quite often, it’ll just not go to the next song. In the Spotify app itself, it’ll show something like “4:50” for a song that’s only “3:44” etc, and just keep going until I hit next manually.

Tracks will also hang intermittently, and the song shown in the Spotify app or Sonos won’t match what’s actually playing.

My local music library does not have these problems, neither does Amazon Music, YouTube Music, or Bandcamp. So I’m assuming it’s unlikely to be a local networking problem (I’ve got a sufficiency of WLAN repeaters on my core network, plus a Boost). Indeed, sometimes when this happens during a Spotify session, the next song will indeed come from the previous queue of local library music!

This is rather infuriating. Has anyone else observed this? And even better, how to fix it?

(My system has a pair of P:3s, a number of P:1s, a Sub/Arc/One combo, and a P:5, it’s all running S:2 already.)

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 June 2023, 10:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @larsmb 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We are aware of this issue and are investigating. As yet, we do not have an estimation as to when this will be resolved.

In the meantime, you should be able to avoid the issue by using the Sonos app to play from Spotify, rather than by using the Spotify app.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

Thanks! I’ll try that instead.

The first song played back stutters a bit, but then it appears reasonably stable.