Skip to main content
Answered

Spotify skipping and worse on specific songs

• 15 November 2023
  • 1 reply

So I’ve been having this issue for a couple months now. I’ve seen some of the other threads. I do NOT have cross fade turned on. Spotify regularly skips when playing from Sonos app, and gets really bad with specific songs which I don’t get at all. I’ve restarted router, unplugged all products, and I’m considering downgrading to S1 to see if that helps. Any advice or tech support is greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mindlessmoment 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The problem being worse with specific songs I don’t really get either - that is strange.

To really find out the cause of the problem, your Sonos system needs to be interrogated. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and to do some real-time troubleshooting with you - I recommend a phone call.

If, however, you have trouble contacting them during office hours, feel free to submit a support diagnostic after recreating the issue and reply here with the number given and I’ll take a look for you. If you have multiple devices, please let me know which one(s) is/are affected.

I don’t think S1 will help in any way, and if you don’t already have devices running S1, you wouldn’t be able to do so anyway.

I hope this helps.