Answered

Spotify service not in the services list, although region is set to US, Sonos AMP

• 3 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi. 

I am new to Sonos, and just installed my new Sonos AMP at home.

However, it seems I can’t add the Spotify service since it does not appear on the services list.

I read the other threads here, and my address is set in my profile, and it is in the US.

After updating the profile, I restarted the IOS app, but still can’t find the Spotify service on the list.

Any ideas ?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 April 2023, 00:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’ve seen comments recently that suggest it can take up to 24 hours for that data to percolate through….which I’m not a fan of, but if true, you may just need to wait a bit.

What I don’t understand is why it takes so long to percolate. Even a chron job would likely be OK to run every 10 minutes, or more frequently, although there may be extenuating circumstance I don’t have knowledge of. 

I would suggest that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss the issue, and see if there is some other issue that you’re experiencing that ‘looks’ similar, but isn’t. 

@rmosh,
I’ve seen some users say that after confirming their Country setting in their online Sonos profile that a reset of their Sonos App has helped to sorted the issue for them. Nothing to lose by trying that.

Goto ‘Settings/App Preferences’ to reset the App and on reopening, accept the T&C’s etc. and connect it back to the existing Sonos System on the local network and see if the Spotify Service then appears in the MSP services list for adding to the system.

Thank you for the response.

I waited 24 hours, and reset the app settings, verified (again) that the location is set in my profile, but still don’t see Spotify.

This is quite frustrating.

Did you call Sonos support, as I suggested?