Skip to main content

I am having a really annoying issue where my Spotify Release Radar playlist is not updating properly on Sonos, but is instead playing last week’s songs. For context, the Release Radar playlist is updated every week by Spotify. I have tried playing it through Spotify directly and choosing Sonos as the speaker, but infuriatingly Sonos changes the queue in Spotify to the old playlist! I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting Spotify to my Sonos account and no luck there either, it reverts back to last week’s playlist. How do I force an update? How can I stop Sonos from rewriting my queued songs on Spotify?

Hi @Halpmeplz, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still getting the old playlist. I’ve had a look into my system and both my Release Radar and Discover Weekly playlists have been updated in the Sonos app (I thought it would be worth checking both playlists as they are both updated weekly).

I haven’t seen any other mention of this, so my suggestion would be to go into the Spotify App → Your Library → Release Radar → Remove from Your Library → Save to Your Library. My playlists are working, but removing them from my Spotify library does take them out of the Sonos app and adding them to the my library brings them back, so I assume that Sonos is holding onto the older version for some reason.

Once you’ve done that, check the Release Radar playlist in the Sonos app to see if it’s changed, or you could try to play through Spotify to see if that plays the correct playlist this time.

I hope this information helps!