Question

Spotify Duo and Sonos Beam - issue

• 19 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there, 

My wife and I just recently got Spotify Premium Duo. We both have the Spotify and Sonos App on our phone. We added both Spotify accounts to the Sonos app.

The issue: when I’m listen to Spotify on my phone (via bluetooth headset in the office), if my wife starts playing Spotify via the Sonos Beam, my Spotify turns off?

From my understanding, because we have Spotify Duo, we should both be able to use Spotify at the same time. 

Thank you for the help. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Is the Sonos app on your wife's phone set to default to her Spotify account? Both of your accounts will be available to her on Sonos.

Is the Sonos app on your wife's phone set to default to her Spotify account? Both of your accounts will be available to her on Sonos.

Hi John, 

I’m not 100% sure what you mean? When we both go under setting>services & voices, we both see two Spotify accounts… which both of us having the other account with an additional setting of “use on this device”. 

Is that what you mean?

When you go to Browse and select Spotify, there should be a dropdown on the screen to select which account to play. At least that's how it used to be....

My wife and I are having the same problem. I can play Spotify in Sonos but ONLY if I initiate it from the Sonos app - it no longer works at all from the Spotify app since my wife and switched our account to Duo accounts.

The “connect” interface inside the Spotify app will show the Sonos devices, and say “connecting...” but never resolved

due to this I can’t access/play Spotify podcasts on Sonos at all any more.

help!! :O