Skip to main content
Question

Spotify connect doesn't work with my Sonos

• 3 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I just bought Sonos speaker (Ikea Symfonik) and configured it on my network. The installation in with the app was seamless, I can play music from app or through Air Play. However, I and my family are using Spotify, so that this is my priority to make Spotify working.

When I open Spotify and see all available outputs, the speaker is here. However, when I try to select this speaker, it starts connecting but after few seconds, the connection fails.

I don’t know, if anything changed - because in step by step guides there is written “Login to spotify in the Sonos app”. However, the Spotify is not in the “Your services” section. There is Apple Music and couple of other services, but not Spotify.

Thanks,

Jindrich

Hi @sarsonj 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

In order to play Spotify on your Sonos system from the Spotify app, the Spotify service must be added to Sonos, and the same account as is used on the Spotify app must be signed into on the Sonos system.

In the Sonos app, please go to User icon » Content Services » Add Content Service, then search for Spotify, select it, and Add to Sonos.

You should then be able to play to Sonos from within the Spotify app.

I hope this helps.