Spotify "Autoplay" function is not available when playback is on Sonos

• 4 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Spotify’s “Autoplay” function will play nonstop music when your music ends. 

I’ve noticed that this function is disabled when playing through my Sonos speakers, however works fine when playing directly on my iPhone 11. 

Everything is up to date on my end, the Sonos app, iphone etc. 

Anyone else experience this and how did you resolve?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Peavey Jayar.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

I totally understand your concern, but the Spotify Autoplay feature is not available in Sonos, when your album or playlist ends, the playback will end within the Sonos app.

The interface within the Sonos app is a joint responsibility, but the majority of implementation is by the music service, and it’s best if you communicate also with Spotify to let them know about this feature you’re looking for.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and concerns, we’re always here to help.

Hi, I have the reverse problem so it seems like it might be on Sonos’ side of the integration. I have autoplay disabled in the Sonos app (desktop and iphone, both iOS) and when I play an album locally it stops at the end. When I connect to Sonos, either via the Spotify app or the Sonos app, a whole series of songs shows up that I cannot remove from the queue in Spotify. If I disconnect from Sonos, the extra songs disappear.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Hanktopus.

Thanks for reaching out, I’d be glad to assist.

The Autoplay setting in Sonos will allow you to choose an Autoplay Room to automatically play Line-In audio when Sonos detects a signal is being sent to the Line-In port. Autoplay is disabled by default.

Do you have a Sonos product(s) that has a Line-in function?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue. It will be helpful if you can submit a diagnostic every time you make changes or switch apps, so we can compare the results.

You may check this article that provides an overview of how the queue works and links to more info on how to add, remove, and edit tracks in the queue. NOTE: Your Sonos products use the queue when playing music from your music library or from on-demand music services like Spotify. 

Let me know how it goes.

Hi, I have the reverse problem so it seems like it might be on Sonos’ side of the integration. I have autoplay disabled in the Sonos app (desktop and iphone, both iOS) and when I play an album locally it stops at the end. When I connect to Sonos, either via the Spotify app or the Sonos app, a whole series of songs shows up that I cannot remove from the queue in Spotify. If I disconnect from Sonos, the extra songs disappear.

I have the same problem! It’s driving me crazy. I DON’T want it to auto play after an album ends. On iOS or Desktop it doesn’t. But as soon as I select Sonos in the Spotify app it adds auto play tracks to the queue that I can’t remove.