Skip to main content

speakers playing that are not selected

• 19 May 2024
  • 0 replies

I’m sure Sonos considers this a “feature” of the “upgraded” app, but since I installed the new version, speakers begin playing by themselves, volume level are not where they were left, even sources are not the same as what I normally listen to. My Move speakers turned on unexpectedly at 2am this past week, which was rather interesting. On more than one occasion, speakers are playing, but looking at the app, the speakers are not selected, yet are still playing. The system is trash until they fix this, which sounds like it will be months.

Having worked my career in software development and releasing new code to production environments, this is the absolute worst process I’ve ever seen. They had to have failed hundreds if not thousands of pre-production test scenarios and yet they released it anyway. A majority of those failures had to be critical to functionality failures. Whoever developed this, and whoever signed off on it should be fired. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.