Answered

speakers keep disappearing and coming back

• 11 September 2023
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yesterday I used different sonos speakers during the day using either iPhone XS or iPad.  Phone was iffy. IPad worked consistently.  

Were your Sonos speakers powered down while you rebooted your router?

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

Userlevel 2
Badge

The phone. continues to mostly just show the roams. IPad shows all of them consistently.  I guess Sonos just doesn’t work very well with the iPhone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @johnrf4321, welcome to the Sonos Community!

So I and the community can better help you, can you describe your home network for us? Such as; the make and model of your router, if you have any additional access points or networking equipment, and if your network meets our system requirements.

Commonly when speakers are missing from the app, it means the device the Sonos app is installed on isn’t able to see the speakers on your network. This can be caused by having multiple access points or some router settings, so knowing how your network works will allow up to provide the best information to resolve this issue.

A step you can perform if you’ve provided your network information and are waiting to hear back from us, would be to use another device with the Sonos app installed to see if you can find your speakers with that.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ll have to find someone who understands your post.  Way over my skills. Thanks though.