Skip to main content

Hey all,

I recently moved homes (which includes a new TV as well) and found that the “Spatial Audio” or “Dolby Atmos” audio badges are no longer showing on streaming platforms despite having it before. It currently shows 5.1 for all audio levels on shows. 

I have a full system (Arc, Era300 (2x), Sub Gen 3) and have been enjoying spatial audio films for several months in my previous home so I know it isn’t due to the streaming platforms subscription levels.

The TV settings are set to “digital output audio… - Dolby Digital” and I haven’t seen anything within my SONOS app that makes me think it is anything there that I can adjust. The Arc soundbar is connected to the ARC port in the TV.

As for settings in the app, all speakers are connected in a group and have had Trueplay optimized. Surround audio is on and so is Spatial Music. 

Any help on this? 
Thanks!

TV Model - Samsung - 55" Class - LED - MU8000. Model:UN55MU8000FXZA )

Hi @MagpieCards 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had with trying to play Dolby Atmos from your streaming services.

Where are the apps for your streaming services running? Directly on the TV, or do you have a streaming box such as an Apple TV or nVidia Shield? I ask because such a box would have it’s own audio output settings.

I think your TV output setting is wrong - Dolby Atmos can be delivered via Dolby MAT (lossless compression, BluRay only) or Dolby Digital + (Atmos) (streaming services), but Dolby Digital is not sufficient. Please see if you have any of the following options under digital output audio: Auto, Passthrough, Bitstream or Dolby Digital +/Plus. Any of these should be an improvement over Dolby Digital.

I hope this helps.