Answered

Sound Bar Dropping Out Streaming BBC Sounds and Deezer

• 9 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a sound bar connected to a smart tv using an optical cable, a Boost and 5 Sonos One speakers throughout the house. I also use a Google Nest WiFi system. I am using the Sonos app (14.20.1) on a Googel Pixel 5 phone (Android version: 13). The sound bar works fine when streaming the tv, but it drops out once or twice an hour, for a few seconds at a time, when streaming BBC Sounds and Deezer. How should I troubleshoot this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 January 2023, 17:42

View original

4 replies

I’d start by temporarily wiring the ‘sound bar’ (what is it? Beam, Ray, Arc, PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE?) to your router with an Ethernet cable, to see if you’re dealing with some sort of wifi interference .

Next, I’d perform a network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. I would give the router a couple of minutes to recover before I plugged back in the Sonos devices. Note: if this fixes it, I’d be looking into the routers manual and setting up reserved IP addresses for at least all the Sonos devices.

Finally, if the above doesn’t fix it, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thank you for your response, Bruce.

After a period of months with no recurrence of the problem, recently (since mid May 2023) the sound bar has been dropping out again when streaming BBC radio via BBC Sounds.

Sorry to hear that. You’ve still not indicated which sound bar it is, but I’d certainly echo my previous comment about a diagnostic and calling in to Sonos support.

Thank you for your continuing interest, Bruce. My sound bar is a PLAYBAR.