Skip to main content
Question

SonosNET Channel Change

Can someone please tell me how to change the SonosNet WiFi channel with the new app update? When I browse to Settings → Manage → Network nothing is present, and that’s where you would have made the change before the app update. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Do you have any older controllers still on the v16 app?

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately, the option to change the SonosNet channel isn’t available in the new app. Hopefully it will be added in a future update.

I do, but it seems that my speakers have already been updated, because the V16 app tells me I have to upgrade the app when I launch it. 

Unfortunately, the option to change the SonosNet channel isn’t available in the new app. Hopefully it will be added in a future update.

Can their support team change it on their side via a support call? 

Userlevel 7

Not likely, but it wouldn’t hurt to try. At the very least, you can request for them to add the feature back to the new app.

Not likely, but it wouldn’t hurt to try. At the very least, you can request for them to add the feature back to the new app.

😂😂😂😂

Guys it’s only a wireless speaker why would you expect Sonos to let you edit the wireless settings 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Dug out my antique Android and as said the Sonos Net channel change was one of the items not supported on an out of date controller.

Userlevel 2

Changing Sonosnet channel is part the recent app update.

Yes, I understand that changing the SonosNet channel is now available in the new Sonos App, as mentioned here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates?language=en_US