Answered

Sonos Youtube Playback either skipping

• 17 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a frustrating issue with my Sonos playback when using youtube music for the last two weeks. tracks a skipping with various errors - encoding and lost connection to youtube music.

I’ve looked at my 2.4ghz channels on my Ubiquiti UDM Pro and tried 1,6,11 to avoid possible interference. Are you able to review the report for me to assist me in trying to resolve this one please.

Diagnostics report - 227265411

Cheers

Rob

icon

Best answer by rmijatovic 18 May 2023, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge

Also havng all sorts of issues trying to change my SSID on my playbar, 2x Play1 and Play 3.

Diagnostics - 1605882592

You’ve read the new router - installation instructions FAQ? Usually, connecting a single speaker with an Ethernet cable (not a surround speaker or Sub) is enough…

Badge

Hi Bruce,

Yep I tried the procedure with no love. Im concerned wiring one of my devices will initiate other issues - My devices are spread over the house and my Ubiquiti UDM Pro SE doesn’t support STP.

Cheers

Rob

Badge

Actually I’m going to give it a go as driving me nuts.

It can be a temporary thing, just long enough to get the new SSID to all the Sonos.

Ubiquity is fairly well know for being overly complex for Sonos use, you could search these forums for many instances of people having issues. There’s at least one frequent user who keeps his Sonos off if his Ubiquity network, just because of all of the compromises. 

Badge

Thanks. Resolved the SSID issue by using another device. My Pixel 7 PRO didn’t work but s10 samsung did.

Badge

Resolved problem 1 also using Sonos network matrix tool. Even though I selected my 2.4ghz channel based on wifi analyzer data (most least utilised non-overlapping channel), the network matrix was red across all devices flagging significant interference. Ended up setting what looked like the busiest channel as far as wifi analyzer was concerned but was all green across all SONOS devices so happy days. Think I didn’t wait long enough when I was blindly testing the channels previously.

Hope it helps someone else.