Answered

sonos with deezer - airplay password required

• 3 June 2023
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

Hi ,

i saw similar issue on the forum but was not able to fix it.

i try to Connect from deezer on sonos era 100 through airplay 

i have a windows to enter my airplay pssword but i do not have. Same issue from youtube. I already tried to reinstall from scratch but did not work. ( iPhone and sonos softwares are up to date) i have no Apple TV. Sonos not visible in home application. 

how to fix it?

except that very nice product ;)

thanks 

alexandre 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 June 2023, 20:35

View original

6 replies

The only answer I’ve seen that appears to often solve this issue, is to remove the Sonos devices from HomeKit and even go onto remove the ‘Home’ completely from all Apple devices.

Then factory reset (and setup) each Sonos device (one at a time, so the Sonos HH is not lost). Reboot the router and then they should work without asking for a password, but it’s not a problem I’ve personally encountered to say whether these steps actually work, or not. So it’s at your own risk.

Obviously do not factory reset all Sonos devices in one go - just do each one at a time and add it back to the original (existing) system, before going onto FR the next Sonos product and the next …and so on and so forth, but ensure all Airplay-compatible devices are reset.

Thanks for your reply. I already tried to factory reset without success. I have only one sonos device. Regarding homekit, my sonos is detected but also airplay password issue.

Thanks 

Thanks for your reply. I already tried to factory reset without success. I have only one sonos device. Regarding homekit, my sonos is detected but also airplay password issue.

Thanks 

Have you tried removing the ‘Home’ from the HomeKit App.

Thanks 

Have you tried removing the ‘Home’ from the HomeKit App.

Yes i already tried this too.  

In that case it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App and note it’s reference. Then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the matter.

In that case it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App and note it’s reference. Then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the matter.

Ok i will get in touch with the support. Thanks for your help.