Answered

Sonos unable to play, unable to connect to music library

• 3 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Isn’t it about time Sonos sorted this error out?

No updates, no altering files, no upgrade, no changes whatsoever.

Can connect yesterday, and the day before and since the last update no problem, now today, as usual with its periodic glitches it can’t find the music files - no one moved them, or changed them so why can’t it suddenly find them on a computer dedicated to playing Sonos?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 January 2021, 22:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Badge

Isn’t it about time Sonos sorted this error out?

No updates, no altering files, no upgrade, no changes whatsoever.

Can connect yesterday, and the day before and since the last update no problem, now today, as usual with its periodic glitches it can’t find the music files - no one moved them, or changed them so why can’t it suddenly find them on a computer dedicated to playing Sonos?

Same here

It certainly suggests some sort of change in your network, causing the speakers and controllers to not connect. Have you tried a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then while they are powered off, rebooting the router? You should only plug the Sonos  devices back in once the router comes back up. 

It may also be worth reviewing the wifi interference FAQ, especially noting that interference doesn’t always come from inside your home.

Badge

Thanks Bruce 

I will try this 

Badge

that didnt work...ugh

Then I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Badge

Ok, thanks

i did submit a diagnostic to them 

Badge

ref:_00D1N2JMtd._5002Ks6men:ref

That doesn’t appear to be a diagnostic number that I recognize as being valid. They’re generally just a string of numbers. 

Badge

Sorry Here ya go: