Answered

Sonos to NAS path

Badge

I'm at my wits end here. For some reason my Sonos controller can no longer find my NAS, where all my music is stored. Going through the process of opening 'music library settings’, click on 'add’ with opens up a window with 3 options, the 3rd being one called 'networked device (ex NAS drive)’ Once I click this option another window opens to type the path to the networked shared. Listed here are a couple of examples such as ; \\myNetworkedStorage\Shared\Music.

As I can't figure out what the exact path is I click on the 'browse’ button. This opens a window to 'browse for folders’ I then click on 'Network’ which has a drop down with my NAS but when I click this it opens a window ’Window cannot access \\NAS21A3A6’ with an error code 0x80070035 and a  'diagnose’ button which, when clicked,  comes up ‘couldn't identify the problem’. I feel I need to find what that 'music’ path is I need to type in to direct Sonos to.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 March 2021, 09:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

As a guess, there has been a change to your NAS that has turned off SMBv1. Go back into the settings for the NAS, and turn it back on, which should allow the Sonos controller to access the data on the NAS.

Badge

Thanks Airgetlam. All I can find is 2 boxes with an option of selecting highest SMB version and lowest SMB version, which I set both to 1, it was on 3 as highest and 1 as lowest. I also restarted the NAS but that has made no difference.

Userlevel 7

What kind of NAS drive are you using?

Badge

QNAP ts-251+

Userlevel 7

Try this path:

\\yourIPaddress\yourfoldername

Badge

I can work out what my IP address is but how do I find the name of the folder it's looking for?

Userlevel 7

What is the current path you are using?

Badge

Sorry, I don't follow. All I've been doing is using the browse button to hopefully find the path, but it seems like it wants me to manually type it in, that's where I'm falling short

Userlevel 7

Are your music files in a shared folder on your NAS drive? What is the name of the folder? What is the hostname of your NAS drive?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you install QNAP Finder on your PC it will tell you your NAS’ ip-address: Utilities | QNAP

Userlevel 7

Sorry, I don't follow. All I've been doing is using the browse button to hopefully find the path, but it seems like it wants me to manually type it in, that's where I'm falling short

If you don’t know where your music files are located on the drive, try using one of these for the path:

//name-of-NAS/Multimedia/Music

//ip-of-NAS/Multimedia/Music

//name-of-NAS/Music

//ip-of-NAS/Music

Badge

If you don’t know where your music files are located on the drive, try using one of these for the path:

//name-of-NAS/Multimedia/Music

//ip-of-NAS/Multimedia/Music

//name-of-NAS/Music

//ip-of-NAS/Music

Success.

\\ipadress\Multimedia 

I tried lots of different versions of this. Thanks to all who responded and kept me on the right track, much appreciated.