Answered

sonos stops playing spotify after few hours

• 11 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve downloaded a 12 hour white noise playlist on Spotify, every night I notice that it gets about 3 hours in and then just stops playing. I know the songs are not corrupt because if I play the playlist on another device, it plays all the way through. I changed broadband providers (not because of this issue) and issue still happens. I have good internet connection so wouldn’t have thought this was why. System updated. 

Why does it happen?! I always wake up to the silence! 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 February 2024, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Doesn’t Spotify have a limit to how long they’ll play a stream without touching their system? Many streaming companies do, in order not to waste money streaming to people who aren’t there. 

I can’t find anything official about that. It wouldn’t explain why I can play it in full using another device though. 

Agreed. It does seem unusual. I think I would submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of the stream ending (yes, this is somewhat challenging) , and call Sonos Support to discuss it. Or, maybe the ‘end’ command is still in the buffer in the morning, since that’s the last thing that occurred? I’m not 100% confident I know how Sonos’ logging works. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.