Sonos stops playing music after about an hour or two

• 5 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I am playing my music library stored on my Mac and Sonos library. after about an hour or so the music just stops.  I have to go back to dashboard and click the play arrow again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

With so little information provided, it’s hard to tell, but I’m leaning toward it being the Mac’s hard drive is being put to sleep by the Apple power conservation settings. 

Isn’t just the Mac it was doing the same thing on my previous Dell. And my Mac settings don’t allow the hard drive to go to sleep unless I power down.

Since you seem to be unable to provide any data from which to draw any other conclusions, I would recommend recreating the issue, then submitting a system diagnostic and calling  Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Good Idea.