Question

Sonos S2 app on iPhone unable to connect to music services

• 8 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

The Sonos S2 App looses the connection to all services (Radio, Spotify, Soundcloud) on my iPhone. The first symptom is that the images used by the services (e.g. album covers and logo’s) don’t show in the App after that connecting to another service is impossible. It seems to be connected to the fact that I’m using a wifi network with multiple acces points (Ubiquity). Roaming within the wifi network works perfectly, I have no issues with other apps on my phone.

The problem can be temporarily fixed by disabling and enabling the wifi connection.

This is what I already did to fix the problem, without the desired result:

• Updated the iPhone and App with the latest release
  • I checked the health of the Ubiquity network and everything is perfect
  • I rebooted all Sonos devices
  • I re-installed the Sonos App multiple times
  • I reconnected to the services

I’ve uploaded diagnostics info: 39889579

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PTASM, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

Based on the diagnostic, there's interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion, an audio dropout was detected in your due to sync error and the audio feed is too slow causing the playback to stop. These network-related issues that may be causing the issue.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps is to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection. I understand that you have already rebooted your Sonos, it would be best to follow it step by step.

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run another diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.