Answered

Sonos Radio without ads

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,
When I add a Sonos radio with the audio stream url, I regularly have advertisements which are added by Sonos when the audio stream starts.
Is it possible to remove them?
Thanks in advance.

Johan

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 January 2024, 10:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Johanvs 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Yes, you can remove the ads from Sonos Radio by subscribing - please see our Sonos Radio HD help page for details.

I hope this helps.

Hello @Corry P
Thanks for the response.
Until then, there were no ads, and I don't think it's right to have to pay for a service that's normally available as standard, especially since it's just to connect to a url :-/

Is there a way around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Johanvs 

Apologies - I think I may have misread your initial post a bit. I didn’t realise you manually added a station.

Are you sure you are hearing ads from Sonos? The radio station you are listening to might be adding them, or TuneIN could be, which is much more likely if you are listening to a manually-added station. In either case, I doubt that they can be removed - people need to be paid somehow in order for them to deliver you radio.

I thought it was something like Sonos using TuneIN, but in the end I think the ads are from the radio itself.

It's for the purpose of listening to FIP POP via this url: http://direct.fipradio.fr/live/fippop-hifi.aac

Normally there are never any ads on this radio, but listening to the link in chrome, I just realized that there are sometimes ads at startup.

I didn't think it was possible, for a radio stream like this, to put an ad when the radio is launched :-/ 

Anyway, thanks for the replies @Corry P