Sonos Radio Now Powered by Deezer?

• 25 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 13 replies

Is Sonos Radio now officially streaming content from the Deezer catalog and if so, has anyone noticed a difference? I know that some complained about repetition of songs and limited playlists within the Sonos stations. Was wondering if this is still an issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +1

Anyone? Is there more variety? Better quality? Any new difference between Sonos Radio and Sonos Radio HD? New stations?

Badge +1

My personal observation: Nothing at all has changed since the Deezer announcement and the April date when Deezer officially “powered” Sonos radio. Was hoping that the few dozen songs within each Sonos “station” that recycle every few hours or so would be greatly expanded by Deezer’s huge library. Not the case. Repeats still happen very often. At least that is my experience. I have a subscription to Sonos Radio HD. Also no new stations that I can see. Probably just a case of changing the licensing for the songs Sonos Radio had in their lineup to Deezer. With Deezer being only $10 and Sonos HD being $8 not sure why anyone would opt for the Sonos subscription. Probably just going to use the standard Sonos Radio and deal with the commercials. Am I missing something?