Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Radio HD - Unable to play "Sonos Radio" - access is denied

• 25 February 2024
  • 19 replies

I’m trying to play Sonos Radio HD, and reconfirmed my subscription and billing are active. On the mobile app or even using the PC controller I keep getting an “Sonos Radio HD - Unable to play "Sonos Radio" - access is denied” error. The song plays, then skips to another part of the song, then ends. 

Just me or anyone else?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Hi @IcedCornholio, I’m having the same issue with the Sonos Radio free service, so looks like their is an issue somewhere.

I’m having the same issue I removed the Sonos radio and added it back closed the app and same issev

Same here... seems like near the end of the month on a sunday when no one is around, sonos has issues

New wave hd  8080s hd    80s flash  only play about 10 seconds and skips... also if you ask it to skip songs  it starts half way through

Message comes up saying   unable to play sonos   access denied.

Sonos radio hd sucks latly 

Same issue for me, on the phone and laptop. Also skips to the middle of the next track and only plays for a short while.

Getting tired of Sonos glitches.

Having the same issue. I restarted internet router and Sonos speakers. I reauthorized account several time. Checked my subscription. Still having the same issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks all. Of course the status says it’s up and running, and there’s no one available on chat. But hey 30% off on upgrades :)

Same issue. Song starts, get “unable to play sonos” message, song stops, and then get an advertisement. Pandora works fine though. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I did finally get someone on chat. They asked me to reauthorize, which i did, but it didn’t change anything. They are going to escalate it. How about you don’t charge me $7.99 instead :). 

Same here all day. It is also turning itself off. Restart it and it eventually skips around and does the other things mentioned by others here. Same error message. I upgraded the app a few days ago, which was required to continue. I reauthorized the account, which had no effect. Very frustrating that we can’t listen to music in the house on the system that is installed throughout.

Same here. Starts then skips and skips within a song. And repeat. 

I am getting the same message too

Also getting the same message and having the same issues. 

I'm so glad to find it's not me.  Yeah, plays beginning of song, then skips to end.  The commercials play in full, though!

Is there a hotline to call on a Sunday?  This is annoying the hell out of me. 

I am having the same issue since this morning, songs are being skipped and adds are playing when it was 95% music. App issue? 

Seems hit and miss. I can’t play The Lighthouse at all, but I can play Cocktail Hour — but it seems like it’s skipping songs. Same issue happens on my older iPad and my newer iPhone. Seems like the service has gone wacky today. 

There’s now a message on the Sonos services status page about the Sonos Radio audio interruption issue… see here:

https://status.sonos.com

I couldn’t see anything on the status site about this. Although I just checked and the problem does seem to be resolved. 

Looks OK this morning. Good luck all.!

Userlevel 3

Sonos radio asks to re-authorize ????? Never ever had to authorize to start with? When trying to re-authorize, I only get an error. WTF???

II do not WANT TO LOOSE TIME WITH A SONOS ISSUE!!