Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Radio HD stations: No more station identification

• 16 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hey,

is it just me or are the station identifications on Sonos Radio HD channels gone? 

What I mean is this: “You are listening to Mellow Morning/Cocktail Hour”, “Dreamy and dark, Sunset Fuzz, only on Sonos” or “You are tuned in to Hit List”. 

I kind of liked this and I was wondering if this is yet another issue brought about by the release of the new app? 

2 replies

To clarify, you are talk about station id in between songs without prompting, correct?  You aren’t talking about voice requests to ask what’s playing?

I was listening to a station last night and I’m pretty positive it ID’d itself every 15 minutes or so, but I could be wrong.  Definitely had the Sonos audio logo played every now and then.  I would not be surprised if they removed it on some channels though if the ID broke the ‘mood’ of the station.  I’ve also seen other complain that those IDs are ads that they don’t want to hear on the ad free station they paid for.

Either way, it has nothing to do with the Sonos app implementation. In fact, Sonos outsourced Deezer to provide the Sonos radio content, so I don’t even know what sort of control Sonos mgmt has anymore over the  content of the radio stations.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

To clarify, you are talk about station id in between songs without prompting, correct? 

Correct. I enjoyed them and ever since the update I have not heard any station id. on what station did you hear it?