Skip to main content

I signed up for Sonos Radio HD and received the confirmation email a couple of hours ago, but still not showing up in my Sonos S2 App which is very frustrating.

The free Sonos Radio also does not work now - I get the following message:

“Unable to play Sonos Radio - the connection to Sono Radio was lost”

Anyone else having this issue?

Yeah same issue here.  I logged out of the app, logged back in but still don't see Sonos HD radio service that I just purchased.   Even the current Sonos Radio app has an issue where it reads in unauthorized, and when you try to re-authorize it throws an error.  

I’m on Android.

UPDATE:

Finally got it to work. After some additional digging, I Unplugged all of my devices, plugged them back in. Then when I restarted the App, I was able to re-authorize Sonos Radio. Once that was done, I opened the Sonos Radio service which now had access to Sonos Radio HD (banner at the top now says Welcome to Sonos Radio HD).

Not the most user friendly of processes but it seems to be OK now.

OMG what a nightmare.  I’m not doing that.   Have way too many speakers all over the house.

Also having this issue. Signed up to HD but now can’t get HD or standard Sonos Radio - I also get the authorisation error. Hopefully there is an easier solution, Sonos?

UPDATE: Followed suggestion on another thread to close app, power down 2 or more speakers and then power them back up. Opening the app after rebooting 2 speakers, I could see Sonos Radio HD in my list of services.

Same problem and this was the fix for me:

1. Delete/install app (Offloads local cached content)

2. Login and go to Settings → Services & Voice → Sonos Radio → Reauthorize Account

3. Wait a few mins and it should prompt a message “Welcome to SONOS Radio HD”

4. ​​​​​​​Header on app may look the same but if you see the < > buttons to back/skip tracks you’re good.

Hope this helps!

Also having this issue. Signed up to HD but now can’t get HD or standard Sonos Radio - I also get the authorisation error. Hopefully there is an easier solution, Sonos?

UPDATE: Followed suggestion on another thread to close app, power down 2 or more speakers and then power them back up. Opening the app after rebooting 2 speakers, I could see Sonos Radio HD in my list of services.

Doing this also worked for me. 

Good tips Guys,

Logged out and deleted app, download it and logged back in. Working now. Wish Sonos had said though.