Sonos Radio HD-Call to Reactivate

• 17 December 2020
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I tried Sonos HD Radio and thought it was decent but not worth the $8 per month so I cancelled. My wife decided she really liked a couple of stations and wanted me to reactivate it. It says I have to call to reactivate, what’s up with that? Like any service I should be able to activate and cancel it online. Would love to hear the logic on that one, Why?

21 replies

This exactly why I won’t be re-subscribing. I manage all of my music and video streaming services monthly based on usage and content. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Jeffrey_35.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I agree with you that you could reactivate your subscription at any time you want since you can also cancel it as well.

Since Sonos radio HD is just new in Sonos, I'll submit a feature request to the development team so that they can improve the service that Sonos is providing.

But for now, since your having a hard time reactivating the service. please contact our Sales team for further assistance.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

It’s pretty difficult to reactivate by calling in when you have to wait for over an hour. 

It’s even more difficult when no one ever answers the phone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Waterloo73!.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

You’re correct that waiting in line for an hour is unexceptional.

But Sonos is trying to answer all incoming calls in a timely manner, sorry for the inconvenience.

You can also talk to our chat support agent for further inquires.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I wouldn’t call waiting over an hour for the phone to not get answered unexceptional, it’s unacceptable. Thanks anyway.

Just allow people to update their Billing and Reactivate ASAP. This is a horrible experience for your new service as many have pointed out. It ridiculous to have to call and hold forever to simply update billing.  Do you guys even want to have to deal with these phone calls?  A total lose lose for Sonos and your customers. You guys are better than this. This should be the product manager for Sonos HDs number one priority until it is fixed. My humble opinion. This should never been how it worked to begin with.  You would be hard pressed to even find a start up that handles billing this way. This is entirely predictable. Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @wirelessSD.

Thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sonos will make sure to polish this matter in the meantime, other options to get in touch with the Sonos sales team is thru chat.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

@Mark P  -- 4-6 months later and this issue is exactly the same. It’s no longer a new service to Sonos.

Called in to reactivate and Sales told me I had to speak to “Music.” “Music” told me that Sales had to help me. Sales said they had no way to do so. I asked to speak to a manager who told me that I would have to schedule a session with a technical resource like I’m trying to figure out something complicated. My S2 app, everything is fully up to date.

I waited on hold for 32 minutes to be transferred back to sales. I’ve waited for 20 minutes to be connected with a chat agent.

My sad and literal question is: Who can help me with this? A general call out to “Sales” or “chat” is a failure of a response.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4943?language=en_US

I have to agree that this is making something that should be very easy for customers to do, way too hard. Even if it doesn’t get asked about much, it should be high priority if no other reason that Sonos wants customers to send them money.  How many customers were turned about because something that should take two minutes is potential an hour on the phone?

Hello ALL.

few days back, I called in - got someone on the phone!

They told me they had to wait 48hrs to reactivate and it was all set to go just needed the time (I asked why a process of reactivation would take that time but I got zero info). 

Welp, I feel as if I was lied to now. they purposely told me days in which were far out enough to get me off the line but also a day in which landed on the call center being closed.

This is awful form of customer service - no surprise since I had to call in once pre-pandemic and left that call feeling extremely disappointed in the customer service. 

After much googling and then googling even harder, I couldn't find any info on how to reactivate. 

I think the FREE TRIAL is the only way to enter the payment methods to get onto the agreement of recharging - likely a leased service and they simply provide the stream for a charge but don't count on anyone wanting to “return” once they cancelled or just didn't work post scenario ? dunno.

either way ….solution: new trial. 

transfer your account to a new email. takes 5 minutes tops. 

make sure all your speakers/boost/port(s) are plugged in and powered on.

from the app TRANSFER OWNERSHIP 

enter your new email and password, accept the tick boxes, proceed. 

I was able to start a new trial that I will not be cancelling this time. 

only thing now is resetting voice assistant and my household device app/account settings. 

...less frustrating than their customer service call center.  

holler here if it works for you - let folks know if you have alternative solutions. 

I just encountered this fiasco of trying to reactivate a Sonos HD subscription - asking customers to CALL YOU? In this day and age? I felt like I'd taken a time machine back to the 90s. Not to mention that the line is poorly manned and the agents don't know how to resolve the issue. 

Just like almost any other subscription service on the Internet this should be no more difficult than pressing two or three buttons. Asking your customers to call is a complete joke. 

I'm sorry to say this is absolutely pathetic customer service, and of such breathtaking incompetence I'm seriously doubting whether I should continue using Sonos at all. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I just looked at the app and it now gives you a link that directs you to the Sonos website to manage and cancel. I dare not tempt fate and try and cancel and then reactivate. Has anyone seen this and tried it? Anyone willing to be a guinea pig or the canary in the mineshaft? Can you now reactivate membership on the website through the app?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

You can cancel online no problem. You just can’t reactivate. 

Was checking out the new stations and figured I’d give a subscription another try. Clicked the link to resubscribe and it said to call even though they already shows it having my credit card. What kind of system is this I thought? Came here and saw this thread and can’t believe after this long they don’t have a way to do this automatically. Guessing I might not be resubscribing just due to the hassle.  

This is absolutely ridiculous. I would like to have SONOS radio HD this weekend and I can’t re subscribe online. The call line does not operate on the weekends so I have to wait till Monday? Get with it SONOS! Hire and intern or something to fix this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just bumped into this. Totally bizarre, clearly Sonos don't have much faith in this product.

Userlevel 7

I re-subscribed to Sonos Radio HD today through the S2 app without a problem. No phonecall necessary.

I re-subscribed to Sonos Radio HD today through the S2 app without a problem. No phonecall necessary.

@Mr. T If you are referring to the iOS in app purchase that’s an extra 2$ a month. You are paying extra to Apple. I do not wish to waste money. 

Userlevel 7

@Mr. T If you are referring to the iOS in app purchase that’s an extra 2$ a month. You are paying extra to Apple. I do not wish to waste money. 

Free trial, so cost me nothing.

Free trial, so cost me nothing.

Ok we are talking about different things then. You can not re-subscribe (after the free trial) to Sonos Radio HD without calling support or using and in-app purchase which is more expensive.