Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Playlists

• 17 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m not sure the team at Sonos even knows what Sonos Playlists are.  They’ve dropped the feature with this new app.  And when I talked to support, they didn’t seem to understand.  I have 100’s of Sonos Playlist, thankfully stored in the many speakers I have, but they are locked away from me now.  I see not mention of if/when this feature will come back.  No communication from support.  No customer support at all.  I have always praised Sonos and their support in the past.  They were great.  “Were”.  This new app was the dumbest decision when it comes to ‘Customer Service’.  The App sucks in so many ways, No Sonos playlist, search is poor, trouble finding simple songs, volume controls non responsive, too many clicks/swipes to navigate.  Big delay when clicking the ‘...’ that is supposed to be a pop up menu, but seems to go load something from a slow server on the internet.  Skip tracks works some times, some times it does not.  Just using the app is an exercise on maintaining your patience.  Mine is getting to the end.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I had the same issue of my saved Sonos playlists missing from the app on my iOS devices at first as well in ‘Sonos Favorites’ when the new app downgrade launched. Then I logged into the new web based app play.sonos.com on my PC and noticed my Sonos playlists were there buried in favorites on the web based app. 

I then went back to my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) and under App preferences selected ‘Reset App’. Closed out & Logged back into the app and eventually the playlists appeared under ‘sonos favorites’ within the app. Not sure if this is an issue of how our playlists are stored. in the Cloud now? vs. on Sonos servers before? Not sure on that piece. I hope you find your playlists!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I had the same issue of my saved Sonos playlists missing from the app on my iOS devices at first as well in ‘Sonos Favorites’ when the new app downgrade launched. Then I logged into the new web based app play.sonos.com on my PC and noticed my Sonos playlists were there buried in favorites on the web based app. 

I then went back to my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) and under App preferences selected ‘Reset App’. Closed out & Logged back into the app and eventually the playlists appeared under ‘sonos favorites’ within the app. Not sure if this is an issue of how our playlists are stored. in the Cloud now? vs. on Sonos servers before? Not sure on that piece. I hope you find your playlists!  

Thanks for that.  I’ll give it a try.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

no problem. Yeah, it was strange. When i logged into the web based app for the first time they were not there but then i slowly started to see them appear. Like they were queued up and then slowly populated. It was very odd. Eventually the playlists all pulled in with what i had named them. This app and experience is definitely not without its quirks and oddities. I am just happy i can get any music to play or not having to experience cutting out or non responsiveness. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

no problem. Yeah, it was strange. When i logged into the web based app for the first time they were not there but then i slowly started to see them appear. Like they were queued up and then slowly populated. It was very odd. Eventually the playlists all pulled in with what i had named them. This app and experience is definitely not without its quirks and oddities. I am just happy i can get any music to play or not having to experience cutting out or non responsiveness. 

Also, under my Sonos favorites, playlists, the favorites show up as a big image with a small caption. Only four on a screen. That will be a lot of scrolling when I have 100 playlists. Poor user experience.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I tried that but it did not work.  I can see the playlists on the web app, but not on my phone.  Tried reseting the app and reconnecting/logging in twice.