Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos playlist in new app.

Dear Sonos Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I have encountered with the Sonos app following the recent update. Prior to the update, I had several playlists created within the Sonos app. Unfortunately, since updating to the latest version, I am unable to access any of these playlists.

I have attempted restarting the app, rebooting my devices, and even reinstalling the Sonos app, but the issue persists. The playlists are crucial for my daily usage, and it is quite frustrating not being able to access them.

Could you please provide guidance on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your assistance and understanding. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,

A.Matov

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What do you mean by not being able to access the playlists, just for clarity? When you tap Sonos Favourites, the next screen should show Recently Played in one row, and Playlists below that. Is that not showing?

Dear Rhonny,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, that is correct. When I tap on "Sonos Favorites" the next screen shows "Recently Added" in one row, but the "Playlists" section is not showing.

I can send a screenshot and a short video of the problem if that would help in diagnosing the issue.

I would appreciate any further assistance you can provide to help resolve this issue.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Angel

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You’re lucky. I haven’t been able to even see my Favorites since the new mobile app came out. Still works in the Desktop app of course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Dear Rhonny,

Yes, that is correct. When I tap on "Sonos Favorites" the next screen shows "Recently Added" in one row, but the "Playlists" section is not showing.

I can send a screenshot and a short video of the problem if that would help in diagnosing the issue.

I would appreciate any further assistance you can provide to help resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Angel

Not sure I’ll be able to help but perhaps, and others might add with their experiences (solutions or how theirs is the same). 
I don’t recognise the layout (mine doesn’t have Songs) and font (looks a fraction tall compared to my iPhone app). What device are you using?

Hi,

i’m using Android device - Google Pixel 8 Pro. But there are five phones in my house (Samsung, One Plus) and they all look the same and can't see the playlists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can you install the Sonos desktop app for Windows or for Mac (from the Sonos website), and see if the Playlists are listed there (either directly or under Sonos Favourites)?

I have it and that's how I use the system at the moment. Through the Windows application, everything is fine!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I see.

Playlists are a general issue it seems. As an iPhone user, I can’t comment on Android. Maybe if the majority of Android users on here can confirm they also can’t see the Playlists row under Sonos Favourites then it will be clear the Android app is still needing an update to that…

I have it and that's how I use the system at the moment. Through the Windows application, everything is fine!

Do you know how to side load an app on Android? You could go back to the 16.1 S2 app. See here

Hi Bumper,

Thank you for the advice!

Unfortunately, this is our customer's system with 19 sonos devices and 8 users. We won't be able to manage all phones if I offer it as an option.

Otherwise you are right - it works!

I have a number of issues since updating to the new version of my Sonos 3.

I find this updated version particularly cumbersome and difficult to work with. As well as the feel of the product, I can no longer delete “recently played” tracks or albums on an individual basis. Importantly, there is also a significant delay to “play”, “pause” etc, Finally, whatever current track is being played, it is well out of sync with the actual track list.

NOW I seem to no longer have access to my Sonos playlist categoryThis contains a number of personally curated playlists which mean a lot to me. I guess they are somewhere but they are not on my system.

Can anyone help?

NOW I seem to no longer have access to my Sonos playlist categoryThis contains a number of personally curated playlists which mean a lot to me. I guess they are somewhere but they are not on my system.

Can anyone help?

Missing playlists is discussed in a number of threads, it’s a bug. Your playlists should still be there on your speaker. You could try signing out or deleting the app, maybe more than once, you might get lucky. 

other options: use SonoPhone or other third party app if you use IOS.  Use the desktop app. Roll back to 16.1 if on Android. 

Thanks for quick reply. Signed out, deleted app and reloaded app. Playlists re-appeared on line below Sonos Favourites. Managed to open a playlist and play a couple of songs BUT playlist line has disappeared again, even though a song is still “open”. Aaaargh!! 😡

Meant to say that my playlist problems are only with ipad. Are there any specific solutions here?

I may have missed this in, it seems, many other threads but have Sonos themselves offered any solutions or a timescale for when the problem will be sorted? A lot of work and personal memories can go into creating playlists and Sonos do have a responsibility to ensure they are accessible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No, no news on the Playlist issues. We’ve heard nothing of note from Sonos for quite a while now.

A new updated list of fixes - particularly with recently identified prevalent issues - and updated timescales (not just ‘July’ which is almost five weeks long!) would not go amiss at all…

I’m not sure Sonos recognises that it’s the not knowing that stirs up such angst and ire on here.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have just reinstalled thre Sonos app and still no playlist. Sonos app will not recognise my music library on my Windows 10 laptop which it did for years. Threy promised a fix by mid June. So I have 3 very expensive speakers which are useless except for playing radio. I get error 913 whatever that is.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have the same problem of not being able to view all of my playlists when I use the Sonos app on my iPhone. I have a large number playlist, and only 2 of them appear.

However, if I run the Sonos web app, I do see all of my playlists, and can play the ones that are missing on the iPhone version. Interestingly, if I launch a playlist from the SONOs web app. 

I assume this is an issue that Sonos will address at some future date, but it is incredibly frustrating during the interim. 

Robert

Userlevel 2

I can view my playlists, but I cannot add additional music to my playlists. On another note, does anyone know how to install the “old” Sonos app? What is Aptoide? I read a reply someone downloaded the former app.

I have the same problems since the upgrade of the APP, that I personally find less good than the old one.

Playlist is OK on my MacBook but not on SONOS new APP on my iPhone. 😡😡😡

I hope it will be soon corrected.

Dear Sonos—

Please make it possible to add new music to current playlists.  I don’t understand why this ability went away.  

Thank you

Likewise. Many usability features are missing, to name a few:

1. Sonos playlist
  2. adding a song to the queue (either next, or, at the end)
  3. NAS support on mobile is impossible…

In my opinion, the app has taken a giant step backward - either product management is not doing its job, or, engineering & UI design is not, or, they’ve paid some UI consultant lots of money for nothing.

Please take action, otherwise loyal customers will go elsewhere in the rapidly expanding smart speaker market.

A Sonos Enthusiast Once Upon a Time!!

Hi, same issue happening with me. Playlists and my whole music library have disappeared. I agree with other users that so much is invested in these playlists. I’m not sure how to resolve but will Probably try and delete the new app, which I’m not at all getting on with on my iPhone/ipad, and upload the previous app. Annoying and frustrating. 

Do you know how to side load an app on Android? You could go back to the 16.1 S2 app. See here

This worked for me, thanks!

What an absolute disgrace that you have to revert to a previous version to get at least 2 bits of functionality to work (queue management and Sonos playlists)

I just saw my Google Play from 2021 when they killed off the original radios. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it, eh?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Reverting is no longer an option for me since I received a message saying I have to update to use my system.

Has anyone had any success getting Sonos playlists to show on the Android app? This has been how I do most of my listening so to lose them is a massive issue for me since I used a mixture of streaming and networked files in these playlists

EDIT: Bizarrely, the playlists just appeared in Sonos Favourites. However, there is no option to add a song to these playlists? At least not through the usual route. Any options here?

Dear Rhonny,

Best regards,

Angel

Not sure I’ll be able to help but perhaps, and others might add with their experiences (solutions or how theirs is the same). 
I don’t recognise the layout (mine doesn’t have Songs) and font (looks a fraction tall compared to my iPhone app). What device are you using?

I have same problem using an iPad Pro …..all playlists are gone.  I was told one month ago by Sonos support that in July and update will be coming to correct this.  But I doubt it for some reason.