Answered

Sonos not updating on my Fire Tablet 7, 9th generation

• 10 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Sonos works on all of my other tablets, phones, etc… 

The problem is with my Fire Tablet 7, 9th generation.

When I open Sonos on my Fire Tablet then it says it needs updating.   I click on the update button, it goes to the play store, and when I click in the play store to update the tablet doesn’t do anything.  I have tried starting, restarting the app, nothing.

On the Fire Tablet, in compatible devices, my Fire Tablet does show up as being compatible.  I renamed it to make sure it’s the correct tablet. It is. 

Any help?

icon

Best answer by PS111 16 October 2023, 22:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not being family with this device, what OS is it running? While the tablet itself may be on the update list, it’s always a possibility that it needs to be running the latest OS. See the supported OS for controllers FAQ. 

Alternately,have to tried a full / hard reboot of the device?

Badge +20

As it’s not even running, I would perform a hard restart (power off) and then if no good remove the app and download again, sorry I no longer have a Fire table to offer any more help.

Thanks guys, I’ll try your suggestions.

Also, it is running the latest OS.

Sorry, ‘the latest OS’ has no real meaning, especially given the wide variety of devices out there. Not all devices can run something current, unfortunately. 

Which specific ‘latest OS’, by number, is it?

For someone else having the same problem, the only thing that worked was to factory reset tablet and re-install the Sonos app.

Thanks for the help.