Answered

sonos not showing as a device on android but shows up sonos app.

• 22 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Please fix, ios works fine but speakers won't show up as a playable device on galaxy device. Currently fold 5 under Spotify or qobuzz.

The sonos devices are the most temprental equipment I own. Slowly moving everything away.

Wiim are putting sonos to shame. Everything works no issues ever and half the price. Lift your game or become irrelevant. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 December 2023, 13:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

@Mw28,
If iOS works, but the Galaxy device doesn’t, then I would perhaps suspect it’s an intermittent SSDP multicast ‘device-discovery’ issue with that particular mobile device on the local network subnet. So maybe explore that possibility - there’s plenty of information within this community that details the things to try to resolve those type of issues. It’s you though, that needs to fix it.

Keep telling yourselves that.

The hardware is great but software is another deal altogether. 

Read the room your support is very lacking

Keep telling yourselves that.

The hardware is great but software is another deal altogether. 

Read the room your support is very lacking

The poster you are replying to is not a Sonos employee.  Sonos employees are duly denoted.  Regardless, they all deserve respect, so dial it back a little.

Please fix, ios works fine but speakers won't show up as a playable device on galaxy device. Currently fold 5 under Spotify or qobuzz.

You’d have to be more specific. Not “playable” in which app? Sonos? Spotify? Qobuz?

Sonos doesn’t have Chromecast (though WiiM does).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mw28 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If your iOS Sonos app works without issue but your Android app does not, then there are three possible reasons for things going wrong - third-party software on your Android device causing problems (VPN software would do this, for example), the Android device is connecting to your network differently (through a different Access Point, for example), or it just needs a reboot.

If restarting your Android device does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

@ratty makes a good point, however - the above advice relates to the Sonos app in particular. If you are not using it, or the issues you refer to are seen on other apps, it would help to know which app is having issues, but I still recommend that you call in.

I hope this helps.