Skip to main content
Question

Sonos not responing to any controller (iOS or Windows)

• 25 May 2024
  • 4 replies

As if this new Sonos iOS app wasn’t bad enough, we have now lost control of our Sonos system it seems.

First, I could not stop music from playing on any iPhone in the house. The play/pause icon would toggle on screen, but the music just carried on. The only way I could stop it was to use the Windows controller, where play/pause would also not work, but deleting the music from the queue worked.

But now I can’t get anything to play. The selected song is moved to the queue and the icons suggest it is playing, but it is not.

So the whole system is now non-functional. Any suggestions welcome...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s just started working again… how weird. 

It’s just started working again… how weird. 

I mean the app is a buggy mess so makes sense. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

It sure is, I cannot fathom why on earth any developer would release an app in that state. It’s worse than a public beta. And I can’t see any benefits yet, I find it quite annoying to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A lot of users are stating that it can take between 2-7 secs for the stop or start command to take effect.  As a test, when this happens again, can you wait 10-15 secs and see if the command eventually takes effect?