SONOS no longer recognizes music folder of upgrade

• 15 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi - I recently updated the Sonos App on my MAC to v12.2 (as well on my Android devices).  This coincides with an upgrade of my iMac OS to Big Sur.  My SONOS now no longer recognizes my music folder (an external USB drive attached to my iMac).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi,

I’m getting same issue - upgraded to MacOS Big Sur → now unable to play podcasts via Sono S1.   Been on the phone with Sonos Support case number 02288114 for 50mins, very very unhelpful.

Mac have split iTunes into Music/PodCasts/TV.   Seems Sonos haven’t tested S1 Controller with Mac Big Sur.   The Podcasts are now stored in a cache folder, rather than iTunes..

Sonos view is, this is Mac & my issue not Sono..  Very unhelpful

Stay safe

R

I have the same problem - was on with SONOS for two hours and Apple for two hours and no one can figure it out.  Running Big Sur with my music on an external hard drive.  We checked every single permission issue possible, but still no resolution.  

Very annoyed with SONOS, obv and will update this thread if I find a solution.

Badge

I just had a breakthrough. I have Sonos2, 12.2, MacBook Pro, Big Sur, NAS: Western Digital My Cloud Mirror.

I found that in my WD web dashboard, Settings>Network, Windows Services…  NT LAN Manager needs to have NTLMv1 set. Mine was NTLM2 only and when I changed it to both v2 and v1, Sonos connected immediately.   

I found this by reading what someone had posted about the SMB Protocol, that SMB1 must be selected, same place, right above the NT LAN Manager, so I set that but still could not connect. It took the NTLM.v1. (I also kept SMB2 and SMB3 as it was  before so it is now: SMB1, SMB2, SMB3)

I also turned on LLTD, right below these, because the description sounded like it could be wise.