Answered

Sonos Mac S2 app not working aftr macOS Ventura 13.3 Update?

• 1 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Not sure how this happened, but since I installed the latest macOS Ventura 13.3 Updatemy desktop app no longer works, doesn’t show anything at all. Strange, since the app on my phone works, but no desktop. Here is a screenshot, you’ll notice no system (I have 7 Sonos speakers):

Super frustrating. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 April 2023, 23:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I just finished an IM with Sonos support. They do not yet support Ventura 13.3 Mac OS. The workaround is to uninstall the Sonos app, then go to their website & download a fresh install. Cumbersome, but it works.

That’s odd, as I’m using the 15.2 S2 release on my MacBook running Ventura 13.3, without any issue at all. Not that I did anything special to it to get it to run, it just continued as before. 

To the OP, if I were to guess, there’s something blocking the Sonos from “discovering” the system out there. Could be that the computer and the speakers are not on different subnets, could be a VPN or virus protection issue, could be any of many more issues.

One thing I’d certainly suggest trying is wiring one of your Sonos devices directly to your router with a cable, at least temporarily, to see if that makes any difference. I’d probably also be calling Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Userlevel 2

Uninstall the Sonos app then reinstall from this link: https://support.sonos.com/en/downloads

Note: You need to authorize the “Sonos Installer” under System Settings → Privacy & Security → App Management.