Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos keeps dropping the music, then restarting again, the process can go on and on....

• 28 September 2023
  • 7 replies

I have sonos connect (ist version)hard wired and use the latest app 15.8.1  and  sonos  os2.   Music will play, then all of a sudden it will stop for about 5-10 seconds, then start to play again.  this process can go on all day. I’ve unplugged connect and my router. waited about 30 secs and restarted my router then in about 2 minutes later plugged connect back on.  This will help for about half the day, then the music drops again and process of dropping music continues.  any solutions is greatly appreciated   thx!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I suggest you submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of the next occurrence and post the reference ID in your post. After that call Sonos tech support as they can view your diagnostic and give answers about what is causing the issue.

Open the Sonos app > Settings > Support > Submit Diagnostic 

i did that once before and called support  i talked to a tech support in the philipines and he was absolutely no help and a bit lost   but, i’ll try it again within 10 minutes of the next occureance and post it here   thx for your input!!

I a reference diagnostic #294634484  I’ll call tech support soon  Thx

Music drop in and out

diagnoStic number **********

Moderator Edit: Removed diagnostics number from post

Music drop in and out

diagnoStic number **********

Hi @OldMonk250,

Please note that this is a Sonos user-community. You need to contact Sonos Support Staff if you hope to get some information about that diagnostic submission reference. You can contact them via this LINK.

Alternatively, if you prefer to describe the issue you’re seeing in much more detail and are able to describe your network/Sonos setup, you may also find some community users here who may be able to offer some suggestions for you to try, such as changing your router or SonosNet wireless channel and offering tips on how to reduce interference. In fact to maybe help get you started with troubleshooting the issue yourself, have a read of the below Sonos Support link: 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286

This community support is completely useless

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Community support is free, Sonos is kind enough to provide the forums for us and an occasional visit by Staff.

If you want Sonos support contact Sonos Support, not a bunch of users that like playing with our Sonos and helping others.