Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Fail

• 13 June 2024
  • 2 replies

What the hell is going on with Sonos??  I’ve had speakers for a decade and have added more over time and everything has been great.  Mostly controlled thru Alexa app using Amazon music.   I love my Sonos system and the great sounds it provides.

HOwever….For the last 3 months tho, has been nothing but problems.   One day everything works fine, the next day only one speaker works, next day 3 work, next day 2 work, next all is fine.   At first I thought maybe it was just a problem with conflicts with Amazon, but then I tried Sirius XM….same result.  Then I tried Sonos music, same result.   

Sometimes multiple speakers will play, but I can only control the volume on one.  Next time same issue, but volume control only works on a different speaker.   Its just a never ending list of random scenarios that changes daily and sometimes multiple times in a day.   I’ve tried everything I can think of to resolve….resets, delete and reload apps, etc.  Is there anything to solve this other than scraping the thousands of dollars I’ve put into my Sonos system and switching to another company??

2 replies

Sounds a lot like it might be local network issues, with your Sonos speakers losing connection to your router, for any of several possible reasons. Try a network refresh by unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Wait a couple of minutes for the router to come back up before plugging in your Sonos. This gives you a refreshed router, and refreshed Sonos, with new IP addresses.

If the behavior continues, I’d submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

I hace the same problem whit the bluethooth